About The SRC (Kumasi Technical University)
The Students’ Representative Council (SRC) is the legitimate representative organ of the Student body, and it is the only recognized mouthpiece of the student body.
Some functions of the SRC includes;
- To be the sole and only body for making representation to the University authorities for and on behalf of all students of the institution.
- To seek the general welfare of students and to advice on matters relating to students’ welfare.
- To be responsible for the promotion of sports, games and entertainment in the University as a whole.
- To co-operate with the representative student bodies of other Technical Universities and Institutions of higher learning and progressive youth movements in the country and overseas and to keep contact with past students of the institution.
- To formulate rules and regulations as will promote cordial relationship between students without discrimination on grounds of sex, creed, ethnic origin or course of study.
- To foster the maintenance of the right academic atmosphere for the students of this institution to pursue their studies and encourage the organization of seminar’s by halls, departments and societies.
- In pursuance of these objectives, the council shall co-operate with authorities and other agencies deemed necessary.
- However, the council shall be empowered to appeal against the Institutions rules and regulations which have been tested to be at variance with the interest of the students.
Composition of the SRC
The membership of the SRC consist of the following;
- Members of the central committee
- The president of each hall of residence
- One representative from each of the faculties
- One representative from the Welfare, Entertainment, Games and Sports.
- Other Officers
Roles of the SRC
The Students’ Representative Council (SRC) is the legitimate representative organ of the Student body, and it is the only recognized mouthpiece of the student body. It is a member of the Ghana National Union of Polytechnic Students (GNUPS).
The aims of the SRC, among others, are;
- To seek the general welfare of the students and to advise in relation to such matters concerning students welfare.
- To work in all deliberations and in close harmony, with the authorities of the Polytechnic in all matters affecting the interests of the students.
- To organize lectures, symposia, debates, voluntary work and other social activities in the interest of the students.